Monday, September 22, 2008

What were they thinking??

I knew when we moved to our new home that I would receive a new calling. Our first sunday in our new ward I could see that the ward was small and that there was a few callings that need to be filled but I thought I would always be safe in Primary. Well, I was wrong. I was shock when I got the call to be come the ENRICHMENT Conuselor. It has been along time since I have been in Relief Society and I almost never went to enrichment.
I told Nate that it was time to move.:)
I really hope I can do my best!!.
If any one has any good ideas for enrichment please e-mail me.
All ideas are appreicated.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Michelle,
You will do great! Call me if you would like.. We can talk. With love, Linda

Charlynn said...

You will be awesome. You are perfect for that calling. I am excited for you. Keep it simple.
Love,Charlynn

katrina hayes said...

hey michelle! this is trina, bryce's wife. well we just moved to a new ward in virginia. and one thing they do every month that is really fun is they have recipe party/ exchanges. so they pick a theme (we've done summer salads and 30 minute meals so far) and then someone in the ward hosts it at their home and we all come and bring a recipe and the dish for everyone to try. it's basically just a chance to get out and socialize, but it's been really fun, and i have never gone to enrichments before. so there's an idea. you'll do great!
trina

Jessica Garthe said...

How fun!! Congrats on the New calling. I'm sure you will do great!!!!

Jenna said...

Michelle, I can totally see why they picked you...You are awesome at everything you do!!!!! I have been on the enrichment committee before...if you're interested, give me a call, and I'll let you know some of the ideas we've tossed around...

necrodancer said...

Congrats on the new calling. It was so easy to visit with your family when you were living in Placentia. I did not realize how this would really affect me. It is good, though, that you're getting involved with your new ward. You'll do well with the calling as you will be blessed in proportion with the effort you put into it. Hope the family is all well.